There are some facts relating to Corona-Virus I’d like to pass on to you:
- Started in late 2019, hence it’s called 2019-nCoV
- All confirmed cased in NSW up to 1 February 2020 were infected with virus whilst overseas.
- As of 2 February 2020, 16 confirmed cases in NSW are in isolation.
- 2 are almost ready to be discharged.
- Symptoms: flu-like symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat)
Our centre is following the advice from the Department of Health:
Any child, parent or staff member arriving in Australia from 1 February 2020, who has been in mainland China or transited through mainland China (not just Hubei province), is excluded from all child care centres for 14 days from the date they left mainland China as the Novel Coronavirus’ incubation period can be as long as two weeks.
14 days exclusion from our centre also applies to those who has been in close contact with person arriving from mainland China. “Close contact” being defined as living in the same household, 15 mins face-to-face or sharing a closed space for more than 2 hours with a confirmed Corona-Virus case.
We will need to specially reinforce our centre’s normal protocols that any staff or child who are unwell with respiratory illness should remain at home until symptoms resolve.
Please speak to Pearly if you have any query regarding the above.
Pearly Sim, JP.
please follow link below for more info: